CyberConnect is a decentralized social graph protocol that enables users to create profiles, share or post content such as images and videos, and connect with other users in a distributed network environment.
What is CyberConnect?
CyberConnect is a decentralized multi-chain social network protocol that provides infrastructure for developers to build social network applications. It grants users ownership of their digital identity and data, enabling them to share content, connect with others, and interact with fellow users.
The company CyberConnect has implemented account abstraction technology that enables developers to customize smart contracts, thus simplifying the use of digital currency and providing a decentralized social network experience for users who have complete control over their accounts.
The constituents of CyberConnect
The design of CyberConnect aims to enhance scalability for web3 social networking applications while providing users with a familiar web2 experience. Its design comprises three main components.
- CyberAccount: CyberAccount is a multi-chain account system that is designed to be compatible with ERC-4337, which is commonly known as Account Abstraction.
- CyberGraph: CyberGraph represents a smart contract for a decentralized social network that eliminates the need for editorial control.
- CyberNetwork: CyberNetwork is a Layer 2 network that boasts high scalability and gas cost reduction.
CyberAccount refers to smart contracts that act as a digital identity representative for users. The web3 account infrastructure of CyberAccount consists of four principal components.
- CyberAccount aids in the establishment of authentication procedures and delegation of authority for users on the CyberConnect protocol. Each CyberAccount is regulated and managed by one or more sets of cryptographic keys, ensuring separation of user accounts and wallets.
- The CyberAccount utilizes the Account Abstraction technology to customize smart contracts, making it compatible with ERC-4337. As a result, users can utilize the CYBER token on one chain, such as the BNB Chain, to pay gas fees on other chains such as Ethereum and Solana. This function is available as long as CyberAccount is deployed on the respective chain.
- The CyberID, formerly known as CyberProfile, is an ERC-721 token that represents a user’s account control on the CyberConnect social network. Users are required to pay regular fees to own and use the CyberID. In case of non-renewal of registration, the CyberID will be auctioned off. This mechanism ensures that the CyberID is not held without active use and promotes active participation in the CyberConnect community.
- The Organizational Account is a specialized CyberAccount designed for projects to manage their communities. This account offers advanced management features such as customizable access control rules and multi-signature capabilities. It also allows third parties to verify external social media accounts, such as Twitter or Discord, linked to the organizational account.
CyberGraph is a set of smart contracts that facilitate the linkage of a user’s identity, referred to as the CyberAccount, with their content and social relationships, also known as the social graph. This system enables the storage of this data on compatible EVM chains.
The components comprising the CyberGraph are as follows:
Individuals who own a CyberAccount possess the ability to create and earn revenue based on the content they produce, thus becoming content creators. These contents may include items such as a short article, images, or videos. The fundamental process would occur as follows:
Step 1. Users access the dApp built on the CyberConnect protocol and create content.
Step 2. Content is uploaded to a decentralized storage system inside the protocol (like IPFS or Arwearve).
Step 3. The link between the URL of the generated content and the user’s account will be recorded on CyberGraph’s smart contract.
The purpose of linking accounts with the content on this smart contract is to increase decentralization for users’ social media accounts. This ensures genuine ownership and removes control from the platform.
In addition, users are able to share posts, images, videos, and other content from others much like they would on Web2, a feature that is also available on this platform.
The W3ST (Web3 Status Token) is a non-fungible token that cannot be transferred and is issued on-chain, serving as an index to authenticate and evaluate the status of users within the community. W3ST implements the ERC-1155 token standard to save gas fees, increase efficiency, and scalability for the system.
Organizations often employ W3ST to track and recognize early adopters who exhibit strong loyalty, dynamism, and support towards a project. This approach enables them to establish a valuable W3ST system that is built on community contributions.
The ERC-1155 standard token on the Ethereum blockchain facilitates the creation of both ERC-20 and ERC-721 (NFT) tokens within a single smart contract.
The Subscription feature enables creators to earn revenue from their content and social graph relationships. To activate the Subscription feature, creators must establish logic and determine the monthly subscription fee. Once a user subscribes to the creator’s account, they must pay at least one month’s subscription fee in advance.
CyberGraph employs a middleware* software architecture to minimize the number of lines of code required within an application to perform a particular process. The middleware exists as a Plug-and-Play component, meaning that it only functions when connected or linked to the application.
*The concept of Middleware is the software layer that lies between the application layer and the operating system layer in a software architecture. It comprises customizable executable code designed to provide efficient services, functionality, and support for applications to effectively communicate and interact with hardware systems, operating systems, networks, and other applications/services.
CyberConnect will provide a middleware repository and actively encourage developers to contribute to it, with the aim of building an efficient and reusable middleware system.
An example to conceptualize the role of middleware can be demonstrated
- The dApp called A is utilizing CyberConnect technology to establish a social network exclusively for members of the Bored Ape Yacht Club. The condition is that only individuals who own BAYC are allowed to create content and mint ContentNFT.
- The dApp B desires to provide a similar service to individuals who possess RTFKT’s CloneX NFT.
In essence, the deployment approach for both scenarios will be similar, thus they will utilize the same middleware in order to develop the distributed application.
CyberNetwork is a Layer 2 solution aimed at enhancing gas fees and scalability of the network, albeit currently in its developmental phase and awaiting launch.
The salient features of CyberConnect
CyberConnect has established an infrastructure that benefits all three parties involved, to achieve mutual gains.
- For developers: For developers, it is recommended to build web3 decentralized social applications utilizing the technologies offered by CyberConnect.
- Creator: For content creators, the ability to create, own and distribute their content is crucial to generating revenue from it.
- Users: For users, accessing the web3 environment involves exploring content, communities and activities on decentralized social media, while also owning a digital identity and social relationships.
CyberConnect has several notable features, such as:
- Reduced gas fees: The technology of Account Abstraction is utilized by CyberAccount to customize smart contracts, enabling users to utilize CYBER tokens on one chain for paying gas fees on other chains without the need for network conversion. This feature is achieved without compromising on the security and efficiency of the network, giving users a seamless experience.
- Decentralization: The accounts and content of creators are linked and recorded within the smart contracts of CyberGraph, effectively eliminating the control of third parties over users and enhancing the decentralized nature of dApps built on CyberConnect.
- Convenience: The utilization of pre-existing middleware stored in CyberConnect’s repository enables dApps to save valuable time and resources that would have otherwise been invested in authoring software code for implementation purposes.
- Easily recognize community contributions: By means of the data recorded on the W3ST token, organizations and projects can easily recognize loyal users who have supported the project since its inception and reward them accordingly.
- Mechanism of making money through Subscription: To incentivize users to become creators and generate high-quality content that serves and attracts additional users within the community.
What is CYBER Token?
CYBER Token Key Metrics
- Token Name: CyberConnect
- Ticker: CYBER
- Blockchain: Ethereum, BNB Chain
- Token Contract:
- Ethereum: 0x14778860e937f509e651192a90589de711fb88a9
- BNB Chain: 0x14778860e937f509e651192a90589de711fb88a9
- Token Type: Utility, Governance
- Total Supply: 100,000,000 CYBER
- Circulating Supply: Updating…
CYBER Token Allocation
CYBER is distributed proportionally as follows:
- Ecosystem Development: 34%. Trong đó:
- Developer Community: 10%
- Marketing: 10%
- Ecosystem Partners: 9%
- Early Integration Partners: 5%
- Private Sale: 25.12%
- Team & Advisors: 15.00%
- Community Treasury: 10.88%
- Community Rewards: 9%
- Public Sale: 3%
- Binance Launchpool: 3%
CYBER Token Release Schedule
CYBER Token Sale
- Time: 7:00 am on August 2, 2023 to 7:00 am on September 1, 2023 (30 days) (Vietnam time)
- Stake BNB, TUSD and FDUSD to receive CYBER tokens, specifically:
- Stake BNB: total reward 2,400,000 CYBER (80%)
- Stake TUSD: total reward 450,000 CYBER (15%)
- Stake FDUSD: total reward 150,000 CYBER (5%)
- Launchpool Token Reward: 3,000,000 CYBER
- Initial Circulating Supply: 11,038,000 CYBER
Prior to this, CyberConnect had made available 3,000,000 CYBER tokens on Coinlist for purchase on May 18th, 2023 at a rate of $1.8 per token. The public sale encompassed the following detailed information:
CYBER Token Use Cases
- Administration: The CYBER token holders can utilize their tokens to vote for proposals for improving CyberConnect in order to promote its long-term sustainable success, as per the management guidelines of the CyberConnect protocol.
- CyberProfile mint fee payment: The payment for CyberProfile subscription will utilize CYBER as the currency of exchange for high-end user purchases.
- Paying for Gas in CyberWallet: CyberWallet users will be able to make gas payments for all transactions on compatible EVM chains using CYBER as a unit of measurement and means of payment.
Roadmaps & updates
Project team, Investors & partners
CyberConnect was established and built by four key members, who concurrently served as the Co-Founders of the project. These members include Ryan Li, Wilsonwei, Shiyu, and Zhimao.
- Wilson Wei: Wilson Wei has graduated from the business program at the University of California, Berkeley. He held the position of CEO for the DLive project for four years before establishing CyberConnect. DLive is a blockchain-based livestreaming platform that was eventually acquired by the BitTorrent file-sharing platform.
- Ryan Li: Ryan Li graduated from the University of California Berkeley with a degree in computer science. He has previously served as the Chief Technology Officer for DLive.
- Shiyu Z.: Prior to co-founding CyberConnect, Shiyu Z. had graduated with a degree in Computer Science from New York University. He also served as a Co-founder for the DLive project and held the position of Blockchain Director at the Interactive Entertainment division of BitTorrent.
- Zhimao Liu: Zhimao Liu graduated in computer science from both UC San Diego and the University of Iowa, and holds a Master’s degree from Columbia University. He served as Head of Engineering at DLive for two years before working at Google for one year, and later became a co-founder of CyberConnect. This information is presented in a formal and informative style.
Investors and partners
CyberConnect has raised 25 million USD from 2 funding rounds, with the participation of leading investment funds such as Multicoin Capital, Sky9 Capital, Animoca Brands…
- The Seed Round took place on November 16, 2021 with a raised amount of 10 million USD
- The Series A round took place on May 17, 2022 with a raised amount of USD 15 million.
CyberConnect’s partners are: BNB Chain, Galxe, Coinbay, Atticc, RociFi, dappback, Zetachain, Treasureland, TwitterScan, Top Goal, SphinxUp…
The Base is a layer constructed by the Coinbase team that has been mainnet for a considerable amount of time...Read more
What is Yield Guild Games (YGG)? This comprehensive article elucidates the intricacies of the YGG cryptocurrency
The recent surge of the Trend Play to Earn phenomenon has provided a launching pad for numerous game development projects...Read more
The NEAR Protocol currently hosts an immensely significant project for its ecosystem, which regrettably has yet to garner the attention...Read more
Interacting with dApps is currently a highly complex and difficult process, as investors must be adept at using digital wallets,...Read more
What is Manta Network and what notable features does the ZK Layer 1 project, which has been invested by Binance Labs, possess?
The increasing need for user data security in digital transactions has been driven by the development of blockchain technology and...Read more
What is Automata Network, what are its distinguishing features, and how does one participate in the Launchpool for the ATA...Read more
Recently, due to the rapid development of new trends such as NFTs, Play-to-earn, and Metaverse, the Ethereum blockchain network increasingly...Read more
What is Playbux? The Shop-to-Earn platform, integrated with the Metaverse, has garnered investments from Binance Labs
In May 2022, Binance Labs officially launched its Incubation Season 4 program to support promising projects in the blockchain space....Read more
The program known as Most Valuable Builder (MVB) selects projects in various fields such as DeFi, infrastructure, tools, NFT, and...Read more
Xterio is a gaming platform that has developed and released numerous genres of games, employing Blockchain technology. The question remains,...Read more
The technology of Zero-Knowledge Proof (ZKP), which was once just an idea on paper, has now become an advanced solution...Read more
Multivers X, previously known as Elrond, is a decentralized, secure, and highly scalable blockchain protocol designed to enable entirely new...Read more
CyberConnect is a decentralized social graph protocol that enables users to create profiles, share or post content such as images...Read more