I've been using eGifter for over a year now and I was pretty happy with them. I tried out Gyft when eGifter temporarily forced everyone to only pay bitcoin with a coinbase account. The Gyft's website and app is so clean compared to the dated look of eGifter. Gyft also seem to process everything a lot quicker too.
When eGifter switched back on the coinbase restriction, I came back to them because of the rewards they offer. I have been running into so many issues that I'm done with them. The rewards are nice from eGifter but it doesn't outweigh the inconvenience that I have to go through to just get some gift cards.
eGifter used to be faster, but out of the last 3 transaction. Here's the current process for eGifter:
- Select and buy gift card with bitcoin
- Pay with bitcoin and transaction is processed through bitpay (0 – 15 minutes wait time)
- Wait for order to be process (0 – 2 HR wait time)
- Once "processed", go to website and open wallet page and clicked "Claim Card" and then it'll have to be "process" again. ( 0 – 24 HR wait time). This final step is dumb, because I already paid and it's been "processed", why is there another process waiting time again?
Here are some issues that pushed me over the edge.
- Bought a few gift cards at once. Payment went through, but the step 4 keeps falling and I never actually received gift cards. Created support ticket after waiting 2 days. Support responded and said that I should be good to go and closed ticket. Nothing was fixed. Rinse and repeat 3 more support tickets. I keep asking them to stop closing my ticket as solved when it wasn't resolved yet. I finally ask for a refund and the gift cards finally works on my account. The whole ordeal took 12 days.
- Password Manager doesn't work properly on this site.
- Bought Amazon gift cards on Gyft and eGifter today at the same time. Gyft had the gift card ready for me almost instantly after the payment processed. It's been over 3 hours and I'm still waiting for the eGifter to finish Step 4. The average wait time seems to be 6 – 12 hours from the past few transactions that I went through.